The Madden Dungeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't be afraid of playing a better style of Madden. If you need to be the best, come learn from the Best. You can be the One that people talk about. Remember Respect is earned, Not given!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BookerT316
Just Making Do
BookerT316

Number of posts : 591
carma :
Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs Right_bar_bleue

Personalized field : Just Ask The BOOK
NFL Teams : Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs Logo15
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs Empty
PostSubject: Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs   Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Play: Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs
Playbooks: Many (EX: PITT)
*Note* This play is in almost any playbook that has any sort of Gun Spread ( 4 WR). There are a bunch of different variations of the Gun Spread. For example, in the NE playbook, this play is found in Gun Spread Y-Flex.
Setup:
Step 1. Block the RB
Step 2. Hot route the right slot WR to perform a curl route
Step 3. Hot route the outside left WR to perform a fade route
Step 4. Smart route the outside left WR's fade route
Step 5. Motion the left slot WR running the deep post route to the right
Step 6. Snap the ball right before he reaches the LT
Reads:
1. Deep Post
2. Fade
3. Deep Out
4. Curl
The motioned deep post is our first read. This route is deadly and will beat any coverage. Against zone, just wait until it makes it break down the middle and gets about 3-4 steps past the middle zones. Then throw a high bullet pass using the precision passing. Click on and perform the rocket catch. Against man coverage, you can throw it right after it cuts down the middle.
The fade route (smart routed) is one of my favorites this year. I much prefer fade routes on my outside WR's to streak routes. I find them much easier to rocket catch. You throw these with a bullet pass lead up with the precision passing as well. Do not throw these routes if the defense plays man and bumps you. The man BNR throws off the timing of this route and can be picked if you throw it.
The deep out routes in this play are so sick. They get deep enough past the underneath zones that you can rocket catch these against any type of zone. Even if the LB is in a purple zone underneath it, you can still click on and rocket catch and the LB will be too shallow to make a play on the ball. I abuse these routes to death. It is my third read because it takes a little longer than the first two routes to develop because it is such a deep out.
The curl route in the slot is our bail out read. It is good against blitzes as well.
When running this play, I find it best to read the OLB's or slot DB's. If they drop back over the middle, hit the outside WR's. If they bail out to the sidelines in purple zones, hit the slot WR's. Even though you can abuse all of these routes no matter what the coverage, it is always best to make the proper read to avoid anything crazy happening.
Final Thoughts:
A lot of times I think that some of our lab members focus too much on the specific play being shown rather than the concepts we show in each writeup. For example, in this writeup, you have learned how to throw the fade route. You have learned how deadly the deep post with motion is. You also have learned how to stop the fade routes. Take all of these concepts and implement them into your game.
Back to top Go down
https://themaddendungeon.forumakers.com

Gun Spread- PA Deep Outs
Page 1 of 1