The Madden Dungeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't be afraid of playing a better style of Madden. If you need to be the best, come learn from the Best. You can be the One that people talk about. Remember Respect is earned, Not given!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rocket Catching

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BookerT316
Just Making Do
BookerT316

Number of posts : 591
carma :
Rocket Catching Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Rocket Catching Right_bar_bleue

Personalized field : Just Ask The BOOK
NFL Teams : Rocket Catching Logo15
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Rocket Catching Empty
PostSubject: Rocket Catching   Rocket Catching EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 pm

There is still a lot of confusion about rocket catching. This is a skill that you must develop if you are going to be able to hang with top level players Well folks, it's still here and I am going to show you how to do it. You will have to do it the hard way and must have good stick control. There is no offensive strafe in the game this year.

First I am going to show you how to do this versus man defense, which is tougher to do because the defenders play up tight and close to the offensive player. We hot route the FL on a streak.

Once you hike the ball, wait until your offensive player is 15-20 yards down the field and then pass lead down. I prefer to throw it 20-30 yards down the field. The next step is to click on and turn in, then down to the ball. Press and hold the catch button to make the catch.

You must pay attention to the spot of the ball and be close to the red circle on the ground. This is when you want to stop.

Then press and hold the catch button to make the catch. Notice how high the WR gets up. This is the same animation as last year, but can only be done by turning in the WR.

In this example, I want to show you how to do it versus zone defense, which is much easier to do than man. We are going to do the same thing--hot route the FL on a streak.

To do it versus a Cover 2 Zone is tricky, because this year the safeties play very well in a Cover 2 defense and come up toward the ball. So you must cut in front of the safety; otherwise, it will be a pick the other way. When done right, there is almost no stopping this, but I will say that you can't make a living off of it like you did last year.

I want to give you another example of throwing the rocket catch. This is up the seam.

Throw the ball the same: pass lead down, then turn in the same way. Stop and press the catch button.

Final Thoughts
The Rocket Catch in Madden 09 is by no means guaranteed like in Madden 08. It is still there and can open up your offense, but do not try to make a living off of it because the defense still has the advantage. Remember that they can strafe and do not have to turn their defender around like on offense.
Back to top Go down
https://themaddendungeon.forumakers.com

Rocket Catching
Page 1 of 1