The Madden Dungeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't be afraid of playing a better style of Madden. If you need to be the best, come learn from the Best. You can be the One that people talk about. Remember Respect is earned, Not given!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BookerT316
Just Making Do
BookerT316

Number of posts : 591
carma :
Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN Right_bar_bleue

Personalized field : Just Ask The BOOK
NFL Teams : Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN Logo15
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN Empty
PostSubject: Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN   Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 1:05 pm

This tactic will work with any play/playbook/formation but some are more effective than others. I will break down what I believe to be the most effective way to use this tactic against both man and zone. Finally, I will explain the basis behind it and how it works which will allow you to take it to the lab and experiment with it!
DESTROY MAN COVERAGE!
Play: Gun Bunch TE- Stick
Playbooks: Many (NE,PITT,etc)
Setup:
Step 1. Come out in any play from Gun Bunch TE-Stick
Step 2. Formation audible up and DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE STICK-KEEP HOLDING FORMATION AUDIBLE UP
At this point you should see your WR's all stand up twitching
Step 3. Press the R Trigger to flip the play (keep holding down the formation audible up)
At this point all the defenders will run from the left side of the field to the right. You literally have everyone wide open
Step 4. Release the R trigger (keep holding down the formation audible up)
Step 5. Take your finger off the analog holding down the formation audible up and QUICKLY HIT THE R TRIGGER AND THEN HIKE THE BALL
Here is the play before we do anything.
After we begin our adjustments....
Now we have flipped our play and the defense is nowhere to be found...
Here is yet another view of the defenders on the opposite side of the field
Welker is wide open for a quick and easy gain.
The shot above shows an overview of all three of our wideouts. Nobody but the FS is even remotely near anyone.
Above, Moss makes an easy catch on the corner route for a big gain!
Step 5 takes some time to get used to hike the ball ASAP so the defenders are still way out of position when the play is hiked.
Take your pick here, everyone is wide open. I either like hitting the quick flat for an easy big gain. I also will wait for the corner route to get down field and then throw a bullet with pass lead for a huge gain!
DESTROY ZONE COVERAGE!
*Note* Place any Gun Bunch TE play as an audible
Play: Gun Spread Left On- Slot Outs
Playbook: NE
Setup:
Step 1. Come out in Gun Spread Left On- Slot Outs
Step 2. Formation audible right to Gun Spread Left On- Slot Outs and DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE STICK-KEEP HOLDING FORMATION AUDIBLE UP
Step 3. Audible to your Gun Bunch TE play- keep holding down the formation audible right
Step 4. Press the R Trigger to flip the play- keep holding down the formation audible right
At this point, you will see both outside DB's slide into the inside of the field. This leaves both outside WR's WIDE OPEN on the angled streak routes. You know we can SPC these
Step 5. Take your finger off the analog holding down the formation audible up and QUICKLY HIT THE L TRIGGER AND THEN HIKE THE BALL
Again, here is the stock play art before we do anything...
Now, here is what happens when the DB's slide inside.
Moss begins his route with nobody near him.
Same with Welker...
At this point, I could just throw an easy quick pass to Moss, but I am getting greedy. I know the DB is out of the play and all I need to worry about is the SS. We all know that Moss, or any good WR vs. a safety equals game over. I am going to bomb it out here!
Moss with the DB posted up on his back...
Touchdown!!
The last step takes some time to get used to hike the ball ASAP so the defenders are still way out of position when the play is hiked.
Now like I said, these angled streaks are wide open. You can SPC or rocket catch them.
So How Exactly Does This Work?
Simple. You are tricking the defense to believe that, whatever play you are audibling into, you are running, when in reality you are still in your original play. We are doing this by holding down the formation audible the whole time.
You can audible into any set you want and then flip the plays if you want.
I find that compressed/bunched sets work the best.
Simply flipping a set like Gun Bunch TE or SG Trips TE will kill man.
For zone, you need to come out in a spread set and have Gun Bunch TE as an audible. You then use the flip to make the outside DB's slide into the middle of the field leaving the outside WR's wide open.
You can only run this from plays that are formation audibles. You can once in a while, run it with the play you come out in, but it is not 100 percent consistent.
Another great thing to do against man coverage is come out in Gun Snugs/Snugs flipped. Then audible into a spread set like Gun Spread/Gun Empty Trips Open and flip the play. You then will see all the DB's go play the outside and be on the sidelines when all of your WR's are in the inside of the field.
Final Thoughts:
Sometimes, the QB will use hand signals that will not let your QB hike the ball as fast as you want to. I noticed if this happens to you, use hurry up the next play and keep using hurry up and the QB will not use hand signals.
Back to top Go down
https://themaddendungeon.forumakers.com

Make All Of Your WR's WIDE OPEN
Page 1 of 1