The Madden Dungeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't be afraid of playing a better style of Madden. If you need to be the best, come learn from the Best. You can be the One that people talk about. Remember Respect is earned, Not given!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BookerT316
Just Making Do
BookerT316

Number of posts : 591
carma :
Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Right_bar_bleue

Personalized field : Just Ask The BOOK
NFL Teams : Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Logo15
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Empty
PostSubject: Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3   Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:44 pm

Setup:

1. Man Align (Y + right)

2. Shift DL to the left (LB + Left)

3. Pinch LBs (RB + Down)

4. Playmaker DT to QB Contain (A + Left Analog Down)

5. Switch players 3 times (press A three times) and get on LB 2nd from the far right

6. Move the LB closer to the DT

7. Playmaker LB to a QB Contain

8. Press A once & playmaker MLB to a QB Spy

9. Move the MLB closer to the DT

10. Back up the coverage (Y + Left Analog Up)

11. Shad Safeties towards left (Y + Right Analog Left)

From this point, I will switch to the SS who is playing a hook zone and manually control him on the play. After the snap, I will always run to cover a slant, in, or post route by any WR or the TE. Once I check and cover those options, if there is a curl route anywhere on the field, I will run with the SS and sit infront of the WR/TE/HB on the curl and completely take away that option.

Once all the underneath options are shut down, I would take the SS and look to cover any offensive player down the field who might break free and find a hole in the zone.

Final Thoughts

This 155 Cover 3 defense is a real effective 9 man coverage. This defense worked against all the best Shotgun formations and with the run commit, you can stop most runs from undercenter and shotgun to an extent. With this play, the flats are taken away and by backing up the deep safety and CBs, you prevent the deep streaks. The key to making this defensive real good is manually controlling the SS and taking away any short or over the middle options of the offense. Your opponent will have to chose to scramble and get past the 2 contains and QB Spy or throw the ball into coverage.

If your opponent is trying the 1 on 1 for deep corner routes or rocket catches, I suggest playmakering the MLB & to a purple and moving him 2 yards to the left. You can also playmaker the right LB to a purple on the the right instead of a contain. It is all about learning what your opponent is trying to do and maybe changing up 1-2 playmaker zones to take away that option and force them to throw a pass they do not want to. Take it to the lab and make it your own!
Back to top Go down
https://themaddendungeon.forumakers.com
JTBz

Number of posts : 1
carma :
Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Right_bar_bleue

NFL Teams : Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Logo0
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3   Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:38 pm

i like this play!
Back to top Go down

Nickel 1-5-5 - Cover 3
Page 1 of 1